Search This Blog

Monday 2 May 2016

Rugby weekend

I had the opportunity of attending a rugby match between the army and the navy at the home of British rugby, Twickenham.
Brilliant atmosphere with 82000 spectators enjoying the sport, banter and a few jars.
It was fenomenal and a credit to all the attendees. Not one fight, lots of laughs and friendly rivalry.
The stadium itself was awesome and the organisation was Regimental...  Pardon the pun.
The score was 26 all but the navy won the tournament.
I was supporting the army!
As a neutral really,  I was there for the atmosphere and the love of sport and it was well worth the long journey.  The trains were packed and full of fun too,  very unlike a quiet commuter train.

This Babcock cup tournament between the army, navy and airforce takes place every year and if I have a chance next year,  I will be there.
Brilliant and well done to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment