Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 September 2014

Lessons from Facebook Activity

I have a Facebook page that is dedicated to my books and one of the followers was asking if the book was about Florence Nightingale?
I thought that was quite funny!
Then I looked at why this could have been thought...
I had posted a pan old photo of a nurse from the Victorian era, in uniform. I had manipulated the pic to make it look spectral but obviously she looked too much like Flo!

Its amazing how text can be interpreted and how much work, self publishing and the promotion of ones work takes.
The lesson learnt, there has to be clarity in the delivery of any message and make no assumptions... after all we know what the ASSUME Model is...

Never ASSUME because it will make an ASS out of U and ME!!

Here endeth the lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment